PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - AAR meeting, sensible points to make.
Old 21st Mar 2016, 08:31
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The logic is striking:
Too many left, even more are leaving and not enough coming. This leaves the remaining work even harder and incite them to throw in the towel even faster (my case).

They can't ease up on the workload unless they would have to park even more metal on the Sharjah side. Debts and incredible greed, as well as loss of face make this unrealistic. Only recent and tragic events might force some relief upon us.

They can try to throw money at us, to lure us into staying/coming, but again, incredible greed and a vindictive attitude against pilots is a major inhibitor, so don't hold your breath. But at least a substantial increase on all fronts should be on the table simply to make up what they have stolen from us so far.

Reverse rostering would be an interesting incentive, however it might prove challenging for certain destinations, for good and for bad, and the attribution might sparks some ugly battles. I don't give it a chance.

As a short term carrot, i would suggest an increase in ALT/ELT and some cheap, bookable friends tickets for our relatives and friends to come and visit us (bookable more than 3 months in advance and with a healthy contingent). This represents a tiny cost for them and would give us some relief for not getting leave, as with the pathetic rostering standby travel is impossible.

Any babble about intentions to do this and that, any hollow promise that they plan to implement improvements for this and that, that they have already instructed internal Costa-Squatters to apply this and that will fall on deaf ears, because we all perfectly know that it's smoke and mirrors for the greatest part and that implementation will take longer than the decay rate of staying of 90% of us.

Thus NO ONE is interested in any dribble from AAR or other managers.