PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice/ Ideas for a long time hopeful
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2016, 23:11
mothboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedDragonFlyer

I started my flying career at 29 and it has been the best thing I have ever done. The personal reward has been unmatched and I did a few things before involving IT etc.

There is a new scheme for modular training called the Wings Alliance in the UK which was started by Alex Whittingham from Bristol Groundschool. I would strongly suggest you give them a call and have this discussion with them. It wont cost you anything to chat to them, and you can sound your plan out with them.

South Africa is cheap at the moment. Look at a company called Aeronav Academy based at Lanseria Airport in Johannesburg. They are also top people and will look after you. They are very well respected and have been around for a very long time there. The last time I was there they operate Cessna 172, 182 Diamond Eclipse and Diamond Twinstar.

When chatting to Bristol Groundschool maybe ask them about doing a distance learning course for the theory exams which you would be able to go through wherever your working.

Anyway the following websites for you to look at:

Aeronav Academy - Flight, Pilot and Ground School Training, Lanseria, South Africa
https://www.bristol.gs/
Wings Alliance | Excellence in pilot training

I hope you find a way! In the aviation game you always have to find a way...and never give up!

Best of luck

Last edited by mothboy; 17th Mar 2016 at 23:28. Reason: update