PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying England to Stockholm
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2016, 21:54
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone,

Really appreciate the suggestions!

Tagron - I looked at EDXH, it looked like a really nice place. Being 4 in the arrow, and ideally wanting to get full fuel (with long range tanks), I would need to check the takeoff charts to make sure that we'd be able to takeoff safely from 480m. My gut feeling says its too short.

AdamFrisch - oh that sounds like it used to be wonderful... I fear Biggin Hill is trying to edge that way more and more each year. I still don't understand the motivation to do so, neither from a personal or business objective. Kicking out the GA doesn't mean you'll get more jet business, it just means you'll become another boring faceless airport amongst the hundreds! Anyway - I contacted the airport themselves, and said that they would be able to accept me, and not require me to go through a handling agent. I think the charges came down to around 600 SEK for 48 hours parking and landing. This will most likely be my backup should weather close in, or should Ska Edeby not be suitable for landing. I have seen Ska Vallentuna a little further north - have you been there?

Taybird - I'll keep that one in mind! I would be really keen to at least get a good 3 hours run before making my first stop which would put me a bit further East - but should weather or plans change - definitely bear it in mind! Thanks.

FloppyLink - Thanks for that. I enjoyed reading it!! Gave me a little insight!

Victorian & A Le Ron - Thanks for that. I hadn't considered Vasteras because we'll be staying with a friend who lives just outside Stockholm (South East I believe). The bus ride I've been told is a good 2hours to 2hours30, then from central Stockholm, it would be another 45minutes to my friend's house which I think would just be too much travelling for me. I really liked your idea of taking the ferry - I think I may well just do that one day! Perhaps not this time though.

Backpacker - Yes, I will definitely plan to fly around it. I would give them a call on the phone if I wanted to shave some time off my route but that prior to flight! I won't be flying until a little later in the year when the weather is a little bit better and less unpredictable.

Thanks again for all this, I really appreciate it!
Alex