PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying England to Stockholm
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2016, 09:12
A le Ron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alex90
Thanks BackPacker,

Really appreciate the insight. I have already flown into Schiphol, and personally am really happy at 1000', I was hoping on doing most of the "near land" bits around 1500' to 2500' or below on the way there, I am there to enjoy the flight and the wonderful scenery - not just to get from A to B! :-)

I'll plan south of EHKD, and bear in mind EH-R4 as well. But I am no stranger to request transit clearances from Military &/ controlled zones!

Thanks for the tip for EHTX, I was hoping to stop a little further along the route as you may have guessed - but will most definitely bear it in mind!

I was planning on following the islands, so I guess that this is a good decision! Thanks for the tips!!

Best
alex
I did this trip about three years ago, from Yorkshire. Our first leg was to Texel, to clear customs. In Sweden, I would strongly recommend Vasteras airport, which Ryanair use for Stockholm. It is a moderate bus ride into Stockholm, but excellent facilities for GA, Avgas, and if you join as a temporary member of Vasteras flying club, the landing fees may well be waived.

Last edited by A le Ron; 15th Mar 2016 at 09:14. Reason: Typo