PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice/ Ideas for a long time hopeful
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2016, 21:44
sascha410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi RedDragonFlyer,
I will never advice anyone to be a Professional Pilot. Things may change and most probably will, but for the past 15 – 20 years was just going from bed to the worst and I still cannot see the light at the end of tunnel.
Your age is on your side, and if you have other trade-other education-profession and absolutely burning to fly than go for it. As rudestuff wrote and I agree with it, go for the cheapest option, license is license modular or integrated it does not make any difference. Regarding the speed it is entirely up to you and the effort you put into it. You can make it modular way even faster than integrated if you work hard, if you are well prepared, if you chose the school somewhere where the sun shines most of the time, if your new your ATPL subject already, if you are focused and determined. And back to your age, you can still afford to go travel around, take less desirable (paid) jobs, crappy conditions and in a course of 10 years collect experience and hope that the industry will change by that time to get the job that will make you happy in the part of the world where you want… Anyway, best of luck…. My 5 cents….
PS.(check Aviator school in Ft Pierce, their FAA route, all hrs on multi engine with instructor ratings and possibility to continue with them as a instructor. In the mean time you can convert through EFT which is under the same roof with Aviator)..