PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice/ Ideas for a long time hopeful
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2016, 17:22
HertsPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDragonFlyer
Thanks for the video Martin. It was interesting. Though I suppose at 26, I don't worry I am too old now.

Also, it's not possible for me to realistically apply for the BA programme from Korea. It would be very costly and to all intents impossible (because our timetables tend to be very strict) to attend interviews.
My advice would be if you can save the money then absolutely do it, if you are happy to put up your money it means that the risk sits solely with you and there isn't the guilt of risking someone else's money, one thing I would say is obviously for the 18 months of studying you won't be earning money (so any commitments like mortgages, kids, debt) need to be paid somehow! and at the end you aren't guaranteed a job immediately, the placement percentage is extremely high but like with everything it isn't a guarantee.

For me I am currently pursuing selection for an Airline MPL Scheme and waiting for the final yes/ no and if I do not get selected then I will imagine, pursue an integrated white tail scheme, for me integrated is the way to go, if I could have the money physically saved I might consider doing modular flying as it means you can fly in your spare time and still be earning money, then you could always do a type rating with one of the main providers (CTC, OAA, FTE) which comes to on average around £30k.

With regards to costs I think the most expensive scheme I have seen came to £109k all in so I would imagine thats your top end but someone else might be better qualified to answer that one.

Best of luck with whatever you do!