PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Expect late landing clearance"
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2016, 14:49
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking of late landings or holding things up . . . I was just about to turn off at the desired exit when I was told to hold - so I stopped. There was also a chappy coming in behind me but well back probable 3 miles or more - he kept asking ATC if I was going to clear and ATC said that I was . . ok. I looked behind us and I could see said aeroplane getting closer and closer and wondered WHIH but stood there like a lost sheep. Eventually the concerned landing decided to go around - thank F -and I was asked if I was holding to which I replied that I was - and further questioned as to the reason of said hold to which I replied - "you told me to hold" - which was followed by "ah, ih, nu, ah meant . . okay, continue to the parking area. . " - at which point I continued to the parking area.

Thank the Lord for Go Arounds. I know, I know, sometimes it pays not to do as you are told - the first time that happens there will be a sound. Some dudes were cleared to an NDB once and even given a turn to get to it - it was on the other side of the mountain, they were in a 73 at the time. Its a bugger this flying is sometimes.