PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF recall leave without pay pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2016, 13:03
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get the feeling something big is about to play out.

Everything has gone very quiet. Recruitment isn't replacing guys that are leaving and the guys are getting flogged. Most guys seem to be flying 90+. That's not sustainable long term.

No training resources to train the replacements and the company can't afford to upgrade guys as they need fos.

With the SOs going it's going to be very interesting.

Also interesting to note that Qlink is about to be stripped of heaps of captains taking up their belated cadetships at Qantas.

That in itself will create a heap of movement.

I get the feeling Virgin will also ramp up recruitment if Qantas do.

So for the GA guys there's positive times ahead.

It's funny how the Qantas guys love piling **** on jetstar. Yes it's slowed down. However it will ramp up again. There's a lot of jets on the way. I'd expect to see more 787s not less. They are making a killing in SEA with them. When they are not broken down.

The foreign competition tried to weaken Qantas domestically so they couldn't pursue them via jetstar in their own backyards. Qantas is killing the pig, so id expect to see them go after the competition very shortly.

They will also need to do something about lion air before the genie is out of the bottle. They have a lot of jets on the way with big expansion plans.

Id expect to see big expansion in the Asian franchises shortly.