PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on TR decision !
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2016, 03:07
VT-ASM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gambol
VT-ASM,

Just because you landed a Job without a TR doesn't mean that's the only way to go. Please be flexible with your thinking.
I am not the one who needs to be flexible with my thinking. I am suggesting more avenues ! Self sponsoring is a way but not the only way and definitely not the smartest way

VT-ASM,
2) Do not assume beforehand. I'll be financing my Typerating all by myself. I run a successful business. Sitting idle for all these years and wasting time was just out of question. I have utilised my time wisely.
Do not assume beforehand this post is directed solely at you. If you are sponsoring it yourself.. Well good for you. A vast majority are selling houses or are getting further into the debt trap taking loans for TR

VT-ASM,
3) Well, I have already cleared all the 3 ATPL written exams and Orals. And I'm making sure by working hard that I've the required solid knowledge base before appearing for that TR exam.
Good for you man !

VT-ASM,
Everyone has different way to make it successfully to the airline (Getting a type or without type). Common factors are hard work, determination, perseverance, self-belief etc. What has worked for a particular person doesn't mean that's the only way to go.
Exactly. The way this post is set up entails that getting an A320 type is a golden ticket to a job. Just because the A320 rating has worked for some hundreds may not necessarily work for everyone else.

VT-ASM,
By the way, what's wrong in funding a type training by taking "daddy's money"? How on earth will a person in his/her young days will finance himself for his/her training?

Like I said before, A vast majority are going further into the debt trap. Just because you are well off does not mean every one is. I again state that this post is not directed solely at you.

VT-ASM,
Which airline nowadays sponsors the TR right after or before the selection? I had asked views on the current scenario of A-320 opportunities.
You still need to do your homework . There are at least 4 airlines in India which sponsor your type rating fully and on the big jets. I got typed last week.

VT-ASM,
I do not wish to entertain one's advice whether one should spend daddy's money on TR or not. That should be utterly my god damn business where I'm getting the money from.
So nobody is giving you one. Go ahead be my God Damned guest !

VT-ASM,
How on earth will a person in his/her young days will finance himself for his/her training?
Are you telling me I am old ?

VT-ASM,
But,yes without having required knowledge,skills and the required aptitude and utterly out of desperation one shouldn't invest on the TR. that will lead one nowhere.
You summed it all by yourself in the end !

Last edited by VT-ASM; 6th Mar 2016 at 04:19.