PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTR and Not Current
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2016, 01:20
A-V-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NTR and Not Current

So I wanted to just throw this out there and I hope that it won’t turn into a poo flinging extravaganza like threads like this usually do.

NTR and Not Current. I have a ton of time over 6K TT and 2K Turbine PIC. I have an FAA ATPL. However I have been in the training environment for the last 5 years. My training bond is coming up and I started applying to all of the contractors. Trouble is that I am not current. SIM time is irrelevant to most of them. I would love to get a job the day my training bond ends (A few months). I have CRJ time and also a couple of type ratings on corporate jets (DA-7X). I am a type rating checkairman on both.

I would totally take a CRJ job to get current again and build a relationship with a company if someone would even look at me.

I have passed the Chinese Medical and CAAC ATP although I never got the job and never earned the license. That was BAA 2 years ago.

What’s available to me in Asia or Elsewhere?

I would prefer tostay out of the Middle East and if I did go it would need to be a quick upgradeand a good company. By quick I mean a year or so

Thanks in advance for your professionalism.