PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on TR decision !
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2016, 19:41
gambol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VT-ASM,
1)Getting a A-320 Typerating is not a sure shot way of getting a job. But, yes it will hand me more opportunities to sit for the airline exams and it will increase my chances to get into the airline provided I'm up to the airline standards. In the last one year we have had numerous A-320 vacancies as against CPL vacancies which are just one or two on an average in a year. Now if someone's advice is not to do the TR then who will fill those type rated vacancies which we are seeing every 3 months. It's someone amongst all of us only who are getting type rated and getting in eventually. Just because you landed a Job without a TR doesn't mean that's the only way to go. Please be flexible with your thinking. In the present scenario having a rating will definitely hand you more opportunities as against having just a CPL.
2) Do not assume beforehand. I'll be financing my Typerating all by myself. I run a successful business. Sitting idle for all these years and wasting time was just out of question. I have utilised my time wisely.
3) Well, I have already cleared all the 3 ATPL written exams and Orals. And I'm making sure by working hard that I've the required solid knowledge base before appearing for that TR exam.

Everyone has different way to make it successfully to the airline (Getting a type or without type). Common factors are hard work, determination, perseverance, self-belief etc. What has worked for a particular person doesn't mean that's the only way to go.
By the way, what's wrong in funding a type training by taking "daddy's money"? How on earth will a person in his/her young days will finance himself for his/her training? We live in a culture and society where a family support their sons and daughters emotionally, financially and socially. Just because you got your training funded by the airline doesn't mean one shouldn't take that route and turn towards his/ her father for financial help. Which airline nowadays sponsors the TR right after or before the selection? I had asked views on the current scenario of A-320 opportunities. I do not wish to entertain one's advice whether one should spend daddy's money on TR or not. That should be utterly my god damn business where I'm getting the money from. But,yes without having required knowledge,skills and the required aptitude and utterly out of desperation one shouldn't invest on the TR. that will lead one nowhere.

Last edited by gambol; 5th Mar 2016 at 22:55.