PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAC Express recruiting
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2003, 05:20
koogar

From personal experience I can only agree with potter. If you are unlucky and at the bottom of the ladder, it is a start and 500hrs on a S360 could take you anywhere. But the company is tight, does expect miracles, alienates employees, and can treat people very badly. Time spent at BAC can be a start on the flying career ladder, or can be the road to ruin and despair. They have tried to ruin a few peoples careers. There are a lot of very good decent people working there, but their efforts are overshadowed by a few. I would say BAC can be a start to a career, but be very careful. They usually take everyone from the TRTO courses, but they will treat you very badly and if you fall from grace through no fault of your own, they will severely try to hamper your chances elsewhere, irrespective of whether they are just or not. They expect the world from people and offer little in return in terms of consideration and support. But I believe the flying training to be second to none, very good pilots and instructors, and good CP. The flying you do will be well respected. Yes no heaters on some F27, you have to pay your own fire and drill course. And finally if something does go wrong, it is your fault. It is probably no worse than many companies, and the pilots and flying is good, so just be careful, and show understanding to potter, I know where he is coming from and I can't disagree with anything he has said.