PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Average" hours
Thread: "Average" hours
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2003, 00:14
bones1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I am hoping to go over the big pond for a full-time PPL this winter time - obviously Florida , Long Beach or California will be a bit warmer than our dismal effort.

Seems then that if I have "average" ability and get my head down and put lots of hard work in - with all things been equal I might just get the license in Minumums + 10 ish hours.

Interesting to see the difference between full-time and part-time students, this sort of confirms what flight schools have been saying to me.

But I have this nagging doubt about flight schools that use their own Examiner - surely the temptation will be for these to fail a student in the hope of getting extra hours off the student? Or is this a cynical attitude that should be discounted?

One of the schools I'm interested in (Mazzei) has a "guarenteed" PPL in 40 hrs. Now to me (the uneducated) this seems too good to be true, and in my experience that's usually exactly what they turn out to be - not true.

Love to get some feed back off those that have done the intensive flight school route and judge their hours compared to the part-timers. Keep 'em coming....

Cheers,
Bones

P.S. Whirlybird - any chance you could name the schools you mentioned - PM if possible, and I promise not to gossip!