PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air to Air Chat?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2016, 13:05
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is a "silent safety frequency" and for what purpose has it been "assigned"?
Are those the frequencies that are used for fallback when someone is blocking a frequency for a substantial amount of time without being aware of the fact, and everyone else switches to those frequencies to continue communicating with ATC?

BUT it does state that Airscene makes no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the content.
If you're not a complete idiot, and start transmitting on someone's frequency without listening out to check it isn't currently being used. Make a blind call, perhaps even stating intentions to "communicate air-air for a period of x minutes, if anyone on frequency objecting to it, please reply now", could that essentially be a "responsible" use of a frequency not currently in use? In which case you could quite easily stop transmitting should the frequency become active?

Sorry just trying to find a work-around if at all possible. Alternatively, could one contact a "company frequency" and request to use it for a single time / day / whatever? Would that be possible? I am not one to knowingly do something in breach of regulations, and not one to knowingly break the law. So trying to find perhaps a lawful / correct method of communication through the aeroplane's VHF box?

I have heard a lot of chatter on frequencies when I have tuned the VHF in the clubhouse - so to say that it doesn't happen, and that it doesn't happen safely would be ludicrous in my mind!