PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown VFR Flight Planning
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2016, 08:59
Capn Bloggs

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Leddsled
I well recall you demanding changes to G procedures because: "when I am doing 250 kt in the circuit, GA aeroplanes
are hard to see ----" and my simple answer, slow down. Your retort was that it would cost several minutes.
Rubbish. If you remember correctly, which you obviously don't, you were told that one cannot meaningfully looking out of my type of aeroplane because of all the metal, a statement backed up by Dick Jackson. Nobody ever suggested roaring around at 250KIAS in the circuit. In fact, jet pilots, before you knew what an aeroplane was were limited to 210KIAS below 5,000ft, a purely AUSTRALIAN rule that was probably in place for exactly the reason you mentioned. But that was changed because the aces thought that was too slow (odd that some rocket scientist, after a pax jet smacked into something else in Yanksville, decided 250KIAS below 10k was better when the primary means of separation was LOOKout).

the inward looking and inflexible "no change" approach of you and your cohort, particularly no change to anything that smacks of the way the US conducts aviation.
On the contrary, I'm all ears to good change. I am not for A380s having to fly around having to visually separate themselves from VFR that they don't know is there until they see them, a class of airspace that you and Dick would have in in a heartbeat...wouldn't you!

You are the inflexible one; our airspace system has served us well,for decades (midair jet collisions here, anyone? Over there? Oh yes, been a few...) and you lot can't see it. Oh yes, the Tobago driver at Launy saw the 737, said nothing and almost ran into it! See and been seen in Class E. Good one. You need to open your eyes.