PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2016, 11:36
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK fair point.
In terms of a customer experience it's not great when the business needs to have manual intervention by temp staff whom they pay peanuts to parrot one message and are told nothing else.
One used to get off the transit and enter the terminal at the same level and go upstairs to departures. Then along came the extension where customers were "encouraged" to take the lifts immediately on exiting the transit and go upstairs before enetering the building. Frequent travellers are often now so conditioned and now need to be redirected back from whence they came. So job done in changing behaviour only to have to change it back again !

Did you not listen to Alex on the shuttle over?
I heard it on the way back, still didn't register. And as a serious point, people are so bombarded with trivial announcements that many just tune them out, and so the helpful ones are lost. That's a quantifiable human behaviour, the sheer volume of random PA's while I waited for my train back is evidence of that. People pop the headphones in and ignore that 95% noise, missing the little useful gem.

The security guy I got chatting to agreed the EDI system was likely to cause massive headaches in the summer, because once again, it needs someone to instruct you manually, and assumes you speak English. Good design just W O R K S without all of the manual faff.

Now excuse me, am off back to the circus !