PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 19 pages of drivel
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2016, 13:43
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be honest.... when this policy was first introduced over a decade ago, I felt intimidated when I went sick on the next occasion. But CX did me a favour(favor for USAOA). They made me realise CX is a job, not a life. I have considered a few alternative careers in my life since selecting flying (law, accountancy, teaching, medicine) and yet here I am. A part of me always wonders if my life would have been better if CX had fired me(or I quit) a long time ago so I could have experienced another career!?

I don't say this to be industrial - I say it as a life lesson - if you think CX is responsible for most of your 'glass is half full' attitude then you are inevitably to be disappointed on their degradation of conditions.

The blame has often been apportioned on one group - in this case, C&Ters - easy to blame them as most of us aren't. Well - how about if SOs refused to fly? Or if FOs refused to do landings -or if CNs refused to do landings? Those three options would have an effect between 35-90 days. Point is - it is very easy to target a group that isn't US to do the heavy lifting for the entire group. It just doesn't work - some are prepared to strike - some just CC - why denigrate those willing to help but only by CC?

Next we can blame AOA (A/E/US/C) as an alternative. Whilst the other 4 unions have less than half the total HKAOA membership, they 'pseudo' represent probably over 50% of the current HKAOA membership. And they are all acting iaw their members but cognisant of their HKG based nationals!

WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM
Don't look for differences to blame your gripes on ----- we are all trying to make things better despite what company pravda comms might state.

Bottom line - I was on the infamous 49ers list - that is liberating. It makes you realise the company cares as much for you as they care about hedging fuel when it is cheap! So don't do anything different.....do what I do every flight where I have to make a decision - first question - is it smart? Second question...is it legal? Third question...is it the CX preferred decision?

Until recently all three questions aligned ---the more they don't align is more of an indicator of CX going off the rails.

I will fly and do my best to keep the operation going(and I may even go into discretion) but I'll be fcxxd before I let some kangaroo court process affect me going sick

In the meantime, I am allowed to work on G days and do training but I exercise my right not to be a cxxt and refrain to do so apart from my non HK based peers....for whom I apologise!(as in I apologise for anyone from the antipodes who thinks now is a good time to take up training!)

Last edited by Numero Crunchero; 28th Feb 2016 at 22:45. Reason: dyslexic pselling