PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown VFR Flight Planning
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2016, 07:24
Capn Bloggs

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
Class F under ICAO is very clearly non radio for VFR. Every document shows this. Yet Bloggs is obsessed with radio for VFR.
Not sure what my obsession with VFR radio has got to do with Class F, but maybe the ostriches will enlighten us one day. But I will say that I like talking to VFR because I don't like having to look out my window as the only way of avoiding bugsmashers. Wait! What about Class E! Oh hang on, VFR "doesn't exist" in Class E. Blow it. We'll have to get the fireys to provide some separation. Oops, no radio. I forgot about that...

Originally Posted by Dick Smith
Something strange here!
The only strange thing is that you and your mate Leddie refuse to acknowledge that the important operations, those carrying paying pax (and therefore generally IFR) are provided with a Class F service; read my lips: "Air Traffic Advisory Service". The "Class G" label is a total and utter red herring designed to malign our airspace. And as long as you and Leddie continue to peddle this Class G (is bad is bad is not what they do in Yanksville is bad is bad) nonsense, you will have no credibility in the discussion.

The fact of the matter is we have a superior system that works well in our area of operations and you "overseas experts" have failed in trying to squash it into the alphabet soup airspace descriptors. You can call it F- or G+, but don't think you can con me by calling it ICAO Class G.