PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 19 pages of drivel
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2016, 23:58
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Gnadenburg, you are not a cx employee so why do you comment other than to fan the fire as you have done in previous posts. Clearly you don't get it. This is not your typical trolling ground of staff travel upmanship. You don't belong here, this is professional pilot's stuff. The topic here does not affect you...yet.... but debates a crucial divide between the abilities of professional aircrew to exert their ability to self certify their fitness under what is legislated under the ANO's as opposed to a company mandate to "manage" the submitted ASR-F.
Yes you read that correctly, the company appointed office wallahs, those whom have never occupied the space forward of the flight deck door will decide whether is is reasonable that you have decided you are fatigued.
I await the legalities of such to be tested in a court of law but clearly the discourse is somewhat stratospheric for you so please grow up and save your juvenile comment for the soap opera topics that are your normal area of expertise because this one may well be a bit above your pay grade.

Firewall thank you for asking. I'm either a CX employee or a CX puppet on a string. I'd be happy to walk you through the Boathouse to present the evidence as to why I'm drawn to that conclusion. There has been no trolling or one-upmanship on my part. I'm furious at the cheap shots that now appear in most of "your" debates that you think don't affect me. There's also an almost sanctimonious ignorance in parts of your camp that whats happening over your way is new and KA pilots are on some sort of contractual privilege.

In light of the very recent dissolution of KA's Corporate Safety Department and the emergence of a Group Safety Department thank you for your lecture on ASR-F's. I'd suggest concerns are mutual. I'll leave it there.

It may interest our CX colleagues to know that KA pilots can only self certify for 3 days. However, there is no 'absence management policy' in place that is accessible to the rank and file. I guess that is about to change.
Yes there was. Though the policy vague. A CX scheme was put into effect possibly in a wash-up strategy to the successful contract compliance campaign. The DPA fought it based on its impracticality and irrelevance to a short-haul operation operating into China. It was changed to a more subjective process so it was probably unworkable for KA's CX management team too. Comically young Second Officers wearing surgery masks to work was as good a look as masked Cabin Crew serving food and beverages in the cabin. So the policy was flagging genuine sickness and probably making it worse.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 27th Feb 2016 at 00:41.