PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 19 pages of drivel
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2016, 16:51
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After giving this some thought, I have concluded (personal opinion) that this is a policy that has no hope of amounting to anything. Several reasons: 1) legal. Their own published words would certainly be found invalid/illegal in the first court they are addressed. 2) practical. The sheer administrative burden will bury it soon after it gets started. We should all be booking off sick with the slightest sign of a cold/fever/sniffle. 3) cost. the huge increase in Dr. visits will ramp up their costs very quickly. 4) regulatory. The CAD will be forced to intervene, as this will certainly be considered a mockery by all other first-world regulators. 5) integrity. I will truly enjoy looking at any manager they choose to 'interview' me and challenge him to question my private/personal health and my employment record to date. They will NOT want to be on the other side of the desk from me asking any inane questions from a rehearsed script. I think most of our managers are already horrified by the policy, and will quietly undermine it from the get-go. I know many/most of them, and with few exceptions, they are still pilots like us. Further, one of our own fleet managers has had his own recent experience with fatigue/illness and I suspect he is most certainly not going to allow any victimisation on his fleet.

This policy will be d.o.a. They are only trying to throw some intimidation out there, and we MUST throw it right back at them. Instead of going to work unfit/fatigued, now IS the time to ensure you validate our right to a fair and equitable sickness policy. The ONLY way to validate that is by exercising your right. They can stuff their 'stages' where the sun doesn't shine. I see this as the dying gasp of a discredited and desperate management. That's all it is.