PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2016, 20:15
VentureGo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point being made on original post was that Newcastle were achieving nearly 6 million passengers in 2006/7. Other airports seem to have recovered to at least these pre recession volumes. Newcastle have had the advantage of Emirates and Jet2 since then bringing extra volumes yet NCL still lag behind in terms of growth, even though there has been some population growth.

Is there much migration of passengers traveling from EDI, LBA & MAN? - I know of a number of people who book LS from LBA due to much cheaper fares. I have family members flying out to Orlando in October from Manchester on Virgin due to Travel Agent recommendation & price/availability. Edinburgh pricing on some schedules are much cheaper than NCL (example Eurowings to DUS less than half price v NCL in April)

Are exact figures of passengers from the region who fly from other airports outside the region available or known?

Newcastle may be charging airlines higher rates, and discouraging a heavy imbalance of LCC (especially FR) to Full Service and Charter Tour companies to maintain greater margin for a more profitable airport business.- Just a thought! - I remember reading some while back Newcastle had expected to grow to 9-10 million by 2018