PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - emer descent new version dec 2015 for airbus
Old 25th Feb 2016, 19:43
chrispatrickGA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for your diverse remarks:

I,personally,believe that checking that his partner has doned his O2 mask properly and quickly communicate with him after having set the interphone can be done easily in the first minute after the depressurization... Legally it's feasible, now in practice some of us would reply that putting the plane to 10000 ft / safety altitude is more important at that stage....

Again , I prefer to work with someone than to go down to 10000 ft and realize the other one is dead... but its just my own judgement.

Concerning the cabin crew call... its quite obvious than having the O2 masks in the cabin dropping indicates clearly that some decompression occurs... except if it is a wrong manoeuver... or a sytem failure. Crm wise , I think it s better to advise them quickly about the emergency descent by a call: it takes 2 sec, and they know we are still alive and in charge totally with the prob.

Obviously, Airbus took another orientation with this procedure...
I noted the idea of the A350 standardization, I have to verify this fact...

Finally , as mentionned very correctly as well, there is no note about the gear use and the corresponding max VLO and altitude associated with it.

Maybe someone can check directly with airbus and let us understand why this procedure has changed in that way.

Thanks to all of you.