PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CITYFLYER and CTC
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2016, 19:48
frankie777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much Baffled and RJ100 for your very in depth replies to my post. You have helped me answer a lot of questions for which I am very grateful. I am certainly not desperate for this position being in a well paid long term command position. I have felt for some time that the salary that BA Cityflyer are offering for a DEC position is inadequate, however I had at least hoped that in exchange for a considerable drop in pay that it would offer me a somewhat better quality of life than I presently have. It seems however that this is not the case and I certainly do not want to join a company with another vindictive rostering department. As you note there are Captain's who yearn to get back to the UK for family and other reasons. However this is not at any price, and there needs to be a good reason to accept considerably lower pay and that is a significant improvement in quality of life. If this is not provided then the job is a non starter. Your comments have given me good ground and facts to reassess my current position and look at other better options.
Once again thank you so much for your very helpful input.