PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CITYFLYER and CTC
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2016, 04:05
frankie777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The recent advert for DEC's at LCY does not make for easy decision making due to lack of clear information. I would much appreciate a more open idea of the real monthly salary after tax than a broad spectrum 'your annual salary will average between £70000-80000/annum. If anybody is able to provide a realistic figure I would much appreciate it so that I am able to crunch the numbers and decide if this is in any way viable. Equally what exactly is a 'touring roster'. Does it mean five night stops a week and then two days off or some other variation on the theme?
I note in Wiki that mention is made of night flights starting this year. Is this correct and will this be for the STN rotation only as I imagine it would not be possible at LCY due to noise considerations. This would not be an appealing aspect!!
Like many of my colleagues I am looking for improvement in quality of life. Knowing that the remuneration appears to be well below par for a command position and that aside, I am keen to find out what the day to day job is like and whether it will offer the improvements in quality of life that I am seeking.
I would much appreciate any input from any current pilot. Thanks in advance.