PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2016, 11:36
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CM, bit of both.
Just be trawling through the online papers, the west's efforts in the war amount to very little print coverage today.
No one cares y'know? It just doesn't factor to the average Briton-paper editors probably know this anyway. Those RAF crews flying combat Syria at great risk are being made to risk their lives for exactly what? Who cares here>?
Its hard to see what we are doing will do anything other than what? What's the outcome now? Give me a forecast then?
Our RAF aircraft target ISIL known targets which are deemed to be fighting the people we want to ultimately run Syria.
But in a parallel situation, Russia targets the people we want to run the country in a far more brutal, yet effective manner.
Assad's winning this hands down. We backed the wrong horse, in a way.
We (RAF I mean) did try to help some of the people. Its just seems to me that Putin has out thought and out maneuverer
d the west, entirely.
I take offence at people who say I am anti-military/whinging. Just a casual civilian observer these days, taking occasional time to understand the world about me - you post what you want on PPRUNE. If it offends the very conservative traditional I truly don't care, in fact I enjoy it.

*If a Russian plane was shot down, whilst it was cluster bombing an obviously urban civilian area in Syria, and the crews were as fortunate or not to end in western backed hands, would they tried as war criminals? This could happen. Are they war criminals? Likely they will die on the spot, but who knows.

Whatever we have done here, it just hasn't worked to the benefit of bringing an end to the conflict or sparing the entirely innocent in Syria from the wrath of air power or obscene on-the- ground terrorism. Perhaps it was an honest try by decent people, but has it worked>?

Time to call it off and end it, really. Cease the RAF air ops There's only going to be one winner. HS.