PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2016, 20:52
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The air war in particular has been extensively reported bravely by ITNs Channel 4 news team (UK) these last two evenings. Showed pictures of the remains of a Russian built surface to surface missile that had struck a hospital. Today showed pictures of what they described were bursting cluster bombs in an urban area of Aleppo. Overhead a jet plane could be glimpsed at some altitude - a Mig 29 or Su 27 to my untrained eye I guessed.
The bombing and its results could be variously described as ruthless, or professional or deliberate or a crime. Certainly C4 said many in fact mostly civilians including children were killed - left " eviscerated and limbless" I think they said.
I'm not a real gambler but I would guess to bet Assad and his backer President Putin are getting towards the verge of a victory this year, based on this news report.400 odd sorties by Russian planes in the last week (think I heard that right) are tipping the balance their way. Their simple aim to remove the so-called rebels entirely and restore full Syrian Governmental order.
Q. What was Britain trying to achieve again with our limited air strikes, someone remind me?