PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LONGHAUL
Thread: Qf LONGHAUL
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2003, 15:41
Qwannas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galley Hag,

Yes, I have read the Career Progression Document.

Conversion from a contract position to a full time permanent position is definately considered as external employment. It does impact on Progression and has so in the past. Just ask anyone at your local FAAA Office.

A situation was explained to me like this...

For example, when Ansett collapsed, QF did a mass recruitment of Short Haul FA's - all contract. Unfortunately, during that same six months they did not hire any Full Time Permanent's - thus no Career Progression from the Regionals (as per the agreement). When these contracts lapsed, they all lapsed at the same time and were all converted into Full Time Permanent positions - Recruitment HAD occured (at an enormous rate) but all at once and all in the same six months. So therefore, only one ground school (as per the agreement) progressed to Short Haul. It seemed a shame and very frustrating to the Regional Flight Attendants (and quite difficult to follow, due to the delays of the ground schools) - but it was all done by the book! I could go into other exampes of contracts to full time being considered external recruitment, but it is getting off the track of this topic!!

It is just one of the reasons why the FA's at the top of the list for BOTH Eastern and Sunstate are still there.

And yes, agreed - back to the top of the page!