PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Vs BA Part 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2016, 11:13
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just re-read my post. I was sure I had stated "locos in general" with the comment relating returning to the domestic godesses arms every night.

And that does seem to be the case.

In a second nutshell to follow that quite outstanding initial one,
Low time to command - I understand a command at BA can achieved just as quickly, or even in less time than the locos as we stand in 2016, and also command times at charter airlines are reducing, maybe not yet to loco timeframes, however if you compare retirement bulges at some of the more "life experienced" charter fleets against the generally younger loco fleet personel this may actually become a not too dissimilar timeframe in the near future, especially if you add to the mix the fact that the loco expansions are generally slowing down

Deep night flying - I am also assured loco call signs are being heard with more regularity at "stupid o'clock" alongside the legacies, the long haul and the charters.

The post by Avenger is read to be very clear, and adds further balance to the debate.

My own comments are of a more big picture nature. My view is one that if one loco operator finds a way of making a few extra sheckels then, it is highly likely that the loco mentality of going one step further - the rest will follow.

Try re-reading again, hopefully ive clarified a little better this time.

BR