PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Vs BA Part 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2016, 19:14
LlamaFarmer

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Three Lions
Maybe another comparison worthy of inclusion (if it were possible to gain accurate data) of how many left BA for RYR compared to the reverse route.
Nowhere near as many as I suspect apply for it.

I know a few of the BA pilot recruitment team, not well enough to call friends, but friends of friends for sure and one is a very good friend of an extended family member. Two of them have said that whilst the Ryanair pilots aren't necessarily lacking in the technical and non-technical skills department, its the commercial considerations that they don't tend to do well with.
Particularly with a regard for customer service.

I guess it just wasn't part of the Ryanair culture to care about the passengers, although that definitely appears to be changing.

One of them said he's seen a noticeable difference in the customer service mentality of EZY pilots over the last 5 or so years, and that EZY/Monarch/TCX/Flybe all tend to think about where their salaries are coming from (i.e. the fare-paying passengers) and try to make the operation as economical as possible for the company because they want to do it for the company (compared to Ryanair pilots who he got the impression wanted to do nothing for the company and only do the minimum they thought they had to in order to avoid detection or disciplinary).

But then treat your "employees" the way Ryanair appears to treat most of their pilots, and you can see why they wouldn't want to do the company any favours.