PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2016, 20:40
chesna152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
No it isn't, things might have changed but once upon a time Reed Aviation did all the deicing at the airport. This was at the time when I was on the committee and I knew they only had one working rig which I pointed out at the meeting. Well the frost came and it was chaos but there was nothing the airport could do about it. Easyjet then started to do their own de-icing and bought their own rigs. Not sure who does it today but I don't think it is the airport as non of the rigs have airport markings.

Edit OK I have found this so de-icing has nothing to do with the airport operator Integrated Deicing Services and easyJet, announced agreement for IDS to provide Deicing Services

LTN - London Luton Airport - IDS UK
Undercroft,
New Terminal Building
London Luton Airport
Luton, Bedfordshire LU2 9LY
Ok fair enough, I take your point. However the wider issue I was addressing is that no one will have any control over a delay over a slot restriction, however this cannot be said of the de-icing. Be it the airport or other company a delay of that nature will not leave the customer with a good impression as the airport grows!