PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Vs BA Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2016, 05:52
Biggusdickuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As if on que Ryanair go and prove my point. They're closing two Italian bases as they've 'no choice but to' because Italy has raised airport tax per pax from 6.50 to 9.00, representing an increase of 2.50 per ticket which of course warrants two base closures.. Money they charge you the pax not money they pay themselves.. And on individual flights where fares vary 400 euro from cheapest to most expensive. Champion of the ordinary man (which is what they'll dress it up as and whose cash they are trying to extract)

So why not close all Italian bases then? Eh.. Making too much money we'll just pass on that charge to the passenger.. Which we were going to do anyway.

So imagine you were Italian, house bought, kids at school and 'home' every night? based in pescara? That just went to absolute sh/t. Because of e2.50. Believe that, you'll believe anything. This is what they'll do to your life next if you let them. That 2.50 was charged to the passenger who, (especially if dumb enough to buy the 'business plus' ticket) won't notice it. It's just an excuse to deploy those aircraft to more profitable routes, which when you let a company open 70 bases is just going to happen more and more. Which is fine, pay me. Need me in Rome? Pay me. Need me a month in Poland? No problem. Pay me.

But bd the company would lose cash doing that!! And it would impact profit? Really?? Anyone based in beauvais? Nope, but youre going to tell me it isn't one of their largest bases right? so it's not a problem for them whatsoever, they've proven it. It's all about maximising profit and no one cares about you being at 'home'.