PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2016, 06:30
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luton reminds me of the Chinese economy. Unsustainable growth followed by a possible collapse. I also wonder what is fueling this sudden love affair with a building site that was already the UK's least loved airport and that was before the building work began.

I don't know if it has something to do with the airports front window now that Junction 10a has been upgraded making it a seamless trip from the M1 or even the thought of Luton's upgraded facilities being finished and airlines wanting to get in there early but something has happened.

Also it has to be on the cards that the new franchise for the east midland rail route will specify 4 non stop trains an hour taking just 20 minutes from St Pancras basically turning the service into a Luton Express using intercity high speed rail stock. I know the airport is pushing hard for this in the same way as it pushed and got 2 trains an hour running through the night on Thameslink. If that happens Stansted will suddenly seem a long way out from the Capital.

Last edited by LTNman; 10th Feb 2016 at 07:52.