PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Travel Change
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2016, 14:18
Lowkoon

Location: HK- A little bit of industrial China in every breath you take.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWH, wow, where do i start?

Selfish? For thinking a 20 year captain should be recognised for service to the "Group" and should be entitled to more than someone who has served for two rosters? Ok, then I am selfish. Yes i earn more than the SO, and for good reason. My spiky hair has long gone, my 4 bars are at best bronze, not gold anymore, and I wear the blame as Captain. if you think SOs should get command pay, take it up with your union. I wish you well with that. Years of service should be recognised, as selfish as that may seem to you. Ivan Chu earns more than me, but he gets on an aircraft ahead of me. Remuneration and boarding priority appear to be inversely proportional?? Or does that make Ivan just incredibly selfish?

The staff travel I signed up on was in my COS, thanks for asking. That was stripped with a "ONCE ONLY, NEVER TO BE REPEATED OFFER" that we couldn't resist. Sound familiar?

My staff travel benefits are better than the SOs? No, my benefits are exactly the same as the SOs, I am just a different rank. When that SO is a captain, our benefits will be identical. The identical agreement written on exactly the same piece of paper.

Leave entitlements and travel allowance are COS ITEMS. If you want improvements to your cos, see your union.

I respect my SOs enough to give them sectors and let them land the aircraft, how does that compare to your 'respect' for them?

What staff travel entitlements did they join on? Ask them, they agreed to it, i have never read their contract.

FOs and Sos being fired because they cant get on flights... We cant get on full flights either, And we would get sacked too for missing a duty because we were relying on staff travel to get back. No different there.