PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Travel Change
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2016, 03:26
Terrain Terrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The very fact the DPA actively pushed for it
Jeez there's a lot of cherry picking going on here. CX offered this to the pilot group, unsolicited, as an inducement to get us to sign the latest pay scale. It got us over the line, reluctantly. We signed, job done. Right?

No. In classic fashion, they reneged. Despite issuing us lots of pretty tables and FAQ's that outlined everything that was released again last week, over 2 years later, they said they changed their mind. Now we have a problem. We took them to task in the exact way you are for their broken promises to you. This culminated in a vote for CC over 5 items that we have been lied to or stonewalled over, of which staff travel was one.

If we had received DOJ on CX without you receiving same you bet you're ass I'd be saying it's not right and turning it down. But that's not the case. We've gone to a single, unified, group-wide staff travel system, pure DOJ. If the airlines I've looked into are anything to go by, this is industry standard. Just as your commuters have been disadvantaged, so have ours. But they've been farhqued by a much bigger pineapple. Cos there's now 20,000+ extra staff that are now between them and seeing their familes in Phuket, Bali, Penang, etc.

I understand that among the expatriate pilots, it's a disadvantage because your personal travel habits don't benefit from this change. But for the other 22,000 staff that like slurping seafood in Okinawa or Dan Dan Noodles in Shanghai, it's a win.

So the irony kinda strikes me. You want the KA pilots to take a hit for the team, again, but you won't put your own CX group before yourselves (pilots)? It's alright Jack, I'm ok!

<Note: References to 'you' refer to the pilot group as a whole, not necessarily yourself 404. I rarely come on here but IIRC, you're one of the rare, reasoned, moderate ones, hence my taking the time to reply and not skipping over it like the other vitriolic bile that unfortunately graces these pages>

Re post above: While I can't speak for the present committee, I can't imagine they'd differ from those past that made attempt after attempt to engage with the AOA. But ultimately, they were dismissed. "We are not going to make a change that disadvantages a single AOA member" was a response I was quoted by a committee member. So yet again, the needs of the few were put ahead of the needs of the many. I'd like nothing more than a united stand against management by our combined pilot groups. There's a ****storm coming and it's not going to be nice for either of us. The company is gearing up to play us off against one another, with toys being placed in the cot of whichever sibling has favour with mummy at the time. Our collective defense against that is a united stand but you guys can't even unite your own, let alone work with your relatives. When you sort your **** out, we'll be here. >80% pilot membership & >75% voting in the room on that night.

Last edited by Terrain Terrain; 7th Feb 2016 at 03:40.