PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Middlesex Degree & Medical/Assessment planning
Old 6th Feb 2016, 20:26
Flyingthedream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Middlesex Degree

Hi Daniel,

I am currently enrolled on the MDX university degree. Its OK if you want a degree but don't expect a huge amount of guidance/support you have to be a bloody good mind reader as to what is expected of you. Not a well organised course really and I wouldn't have bothered had I known what it was going to be like.

It is a distance learning degree. No extra work for the first year just ground school which is good as ground school is very intense as Im sure your aware. When you start your flying events then theres quite a few reflective reports to be written all about 1500 words in total. End of year two theres a presentation to be done and a portfolio. The third year then cant be completed until your with an airline.

Like the other guys have said your at no disadvantage if you don't do it as the degree is not what the airlines are looking for. Really it is only good if you want the student finance to support you through the course.

PM me if you have any other questions.