PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRJ down in Sweden
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2016, 11:51
AAKEE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SSR returns depends on the number of actual radar heads fed into your system. If you use multi-radar tracking ( most if systems do today) you can have updates every second if you wish.

@ATC Watcher:
Looks like a lot of hits per second. Most times a XPDR only shows returns about one/second ? This area actually is in the middle of nowhere and Swedish ATC only have coverage at high levels about FL100 and above.
I dont Think there is that many SSR-radars covering the area, counting Swedish and Norwegian together.

Now I have heard the investigation team has analysed both the CVR which gives a clue apparently,and the FDR, so we should know soon what happened.

Yes, they said about one week ago that they got clues from the CVR and was about to analyze the FDR. Preliminay report in a few weeks, i Think the statement was.

For all: I intruded a restricted area yesterday(only by 100 meters in a sharp corner), resulted in UAV couldnt take off due to the Swedish restrictions. Those regulations are kept strict and I think everyone can easy rule out the possibility of a Swedish UAV in that area( disregarding the fact that they cant even reach FL330). Together with what we know from other incidents in the area I think we also know that the primary radar systems in the area are quite good, making the UAV-rumor less probable.