PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Vs BA Part 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2016, 10:42
Busbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it really that hard to believe that BA isn't for everyone?

I will say straight away that I have never flown for Ryanair. However I do fly for another loco and have gone round the mental loop of "BA or not". I applied, I got asked for interview, I thought about it, I thought about it some more.....and some more, and I withdrew my application.

As a career, looking solely and completely at the job and company alone, BA beats most if not all others. However, once you get to the kind of hours that they are asking for at the moment many of us have a much more complicated life than they did at 21 and it might just not fit. I certainly fit into that bracket and as much as BA fits my boyhood dream which will probably never go away completely, I'd rather see more of my young family and not commute to and from London. I'd rather have my higher captains salary now so my life is easier when my kids are young than have an even higher BA captains salary when my hair is white and my yacht needs a new sail.

Whilst it is inevitable that any thread comparing the merits of Ryanair with anything else will quickly become a place to vent over the current Ts and Cs there, for some it remains the "better" choice.

I believe the original poster was in a very similar position to me and I wish him the best in what, if he's anything like me, was a very hard decision to make.

He must be a manager because he dares to suggest Ryanair might be better FOR HIM than BA? There's more to life than airlines and aeroplanes.

Last edited by Busbo; 5th Feb 2016 at 14:52.