PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who do I speak to when?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2003, 01:35
Chilli Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawking

Quite agree - but whose to say the sites will be active when the questioner is going to be flying - that comes under pre-flight plannning The A/G at Gamston will be able to furnish the more up to date info as to whether they are when he calls them and if they are active then you deviate accordingly. Also depends how high he overflies as well of course (I used to be a gliding instructor so know full well the ramifications of cables dear chap).

Dufwer

As you say your method would be a bit more complicated and, if you look at a map of the area in question not really necessary.

However - no reason why you shouldn't use the second Com box to talk to both - if you have one. All the single aircraft I trained on were single box only, though thankfully my present steed is a lot better equipped

Davidt

Read the question - the questioner is going Gamston then Waddington / Scampton / Cranwell. Every reason to speak to Waddington.

As for the combined MATZ bit - although they are all conjoint down there Waddinton / Scampton is one combined MATZ (CMATZ) with Waddington the responsible controlling authority. Cranwell / Barkston is another CMATZ with Cranwell as the controlling authority.

Ham

Having had the deads getting a bit too close to my previous employers aeroplanes before they left Cranwell (their concept of 'north' of the railway line was a little bit ropey ) I was glad when they moved back further north - the respect was a bit lacking in those days but it's coming back now