PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discrepancy AM
Thread: Discrepancy AM
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2016, 01:31
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
It did make me wonder if I hired a publicist, maybe I could get one of these medal things too.
You may be right. Lisa Wilkinson got one. It says for media and mentoring but I think it was for services to Peter Fitzsimons. Thoroughly deserved for that I would have thought. I did feel a lot better after seeing Lisa got one.

CC is correct to have a go and put the 'alternative/offical' view. I also should have said 'rarely' not 'never' (the PC I was on has a dodgy 'r' key so I do try to choose words with few 'r's') and it is good for the pilot group. Also good for the Company to have an official Pilot Hero when so much IA was brewing. Strangely the same Cpt wasn't even invited in for Tea and Bickies (let alone summary dismissal as per the contract) when he mysteriously appeared on the front page of the Oz to say how overpaid pilots were some years later, but of course Elaine got through pilots 30% pay cut and a B scale for the future so that's now all water under the bridge.

It would have been VERY nice however, if he had possibly thought to pass on some of the many hundreds of thousands of dollars earned on the speaking circuit (among others) to (even just) the crew who 'helped' him get the jet on the ground in one piece. Even nicer if he had thought about that before he mentioned on the front page of The Australian how they all deserved a pay cut.

I'm very happy for Lisa Wilkinson. Pass me a beer. And Scotch come to think of it, and I shall get back to my BBQ. Don't be shy about passing more Scotch when I run out either....

Last edited by V-Jet; 26th Jan 2016 at 07:41. Reason: Speaking circuit income deserved mention