PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Recruitment
Thread: QF Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2016, 20:37
ANCDU

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Around 100 pilots sounds correct, as apparently that number was need even if no 787's and all the LWOP and MOU pilots came back ( a number didn't). Haven't heard about April but that's 3 months away and unless the recruitment department has risen from the ashes suddenly it seems a bit quick for me, was thinking middle of the year.

I don't think direct entry F/O's seem possible in the award anymore, maybe a very short period of time as an S/O like in the early 2000's (and we all know how that came to a screeching halt in 2003!), and from what I hear there are a large number of LWOP guys at Jetstar as F/O's on the A320 that are keen to get back early and would probably go straight back into the 738. There is also the elephant in the room of MOU guys from Jetstar coming into Qantas as they will get close to widebody F/O seniority soon.

Could be an interesting couple of years, and we all know the old saying that if Qantas is promoting/recruiting there must be a big downturn around the corner!Get in early before the music stops again!