PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger down off Straddie
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2016, 22:53
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
Well, here we go - again!

Stupid ill-informed statements made by both who made them above......
Do you both honestly think that all Tiger Moth aircraft were built in 1939 or whatever, WITHOUT some replacement of parts in the meantime..?????

As the owner and operator of a Tiger Moth aircraft 'built in 1942', I can assure you both that the ONLY part of this particular aircraft 'made in 1942' is the little brass plate saying so.......

During its 'life', ALL other components of the aircraft - like mainplanes, for example - have ALL been replaced more than a 'few' times - thanks to the Croydon Aircraft Company in NZ who manufactures excellent mainplanes to the original specifications or better.
Following this accident, I had to replace the lateral tie rods - again - they were 'done' about 18 months or so prior, as part of 'preventative' maintenance.
But they have now been 'done' again.

Due to the very nature of these and similar aircraft, I would wager 'London to a brick' that they are maintained by responsible owners to a very high standard as we acknowledge that we are only the 'custodians' of these historic aircraft, and that we will 'pass them on' when we 'pass on'.....

Back to your flight sims.....

No Cheers, Nope None at all!!