PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2016, 19:32
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a detailed timeline anywhere? What is going to be finished and when in Phase 1? Just a bit going on at the moment!
First thing to mention is that the redevelopment started late so you can add 6 months to any date quoted and that is assuming the build still happens in the same order but this is what I have:

The first stage of the CTA remodelling will involve the reconfiguration and resurfacing of the short term car park with the new outer circulation road. The Drop-Off Zone will be constructed in two stages to minimise disruption and the central Bus Terminal work will be remodelled in stages to enable continuous bus access to the terminal building.

The pedestrian bridge between the terminal entrance and the STCP will be completed by the end of 2015.

Overall, the landside access and circulation works will take twelve months to complete. Work will be planned to avoid the peak busy times as far as possible.

The works to the terminal building will commence with the construction of the walkway to Stand 9L and the infills to Pier A. The extension of the baggage
reclaim area will follow. The main construction of the Link Building will commence in summer 2015 when all of the internal reorganisation and the
provision of some additional internal capacity has been completed. The most significant element of the construction is the new Pier B and link to it which will commence towards the end of 2015 and take some sixteen months to complete.

Completion of the terminal construction works and therefore Phase 1 is due in early 2017.
So by adding 6 months I would say summer 2017 for the pier and I guess towards the end of this year for the terminal infill. Once the infill is completed and the retail outlets have moved from the check-in area work can start on finishing the security hall.

I can't now see the rest of the short term car park being resurfaced until the multistory car park has opened as the short term car park has already lost around 50% of its parking spaces and is already full so there is no space available to close more sections for resurfacing.

I have been told the multistory car park will take 9 months to build and will be opened around September thus missing this summers peak period so I would say the CTA will be finished by the end of this year.

Signature is due to be finished in November.

Last edited by LTNman; 22nd Jan 2016 at 19:45.