PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will EK ever improve?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2016, 09:33
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe people still talk here about pay rises, productivity and profit share.....

I have been around a while and since I have joined they have cut and cut and cut. IT WILL NOT GET BETTER..this is it, it is what you see. If anything it will get worse. How long do you hold on for in the vain hope that conditions will improve?

The target for the bonus is set way too high. The world is in financial and political turmoil. Oil prices are down and dropping more. You will get nothing this year....nada. If you are waiting for the bonus before you leave you are just wasting your time.

The company have adjusted their recruitment to lower hour TP guys. They will be trained and come on line and the show will go on. When I joined, the joiners were in groups of 4 and 8. They are now taking blocks of 15 and 20. There are no shortage of plots waiting to join.

The money issue.....people are saying that we need a huge pay rise to stop the rot.. It is way past money. It should now not be about money as you are selling yourself cheap. It is quality of life and that's it. They can barely give us the legal 30 days leave a year. Most of the time, it's when THEY want you to have leave. I bid for leave in FEB, MAR and April.....nothing. They are asking people to sell back their leave. People are doing this. The show then keeps going. One guy in here was happy to work on his day off and get call out pay.....work out how cheap you have just prostituted yourself for.... The company are laughing at us because no matter how bad it has got, the planes keep flying and we are getting more and more fatigued.

Life should be now about self preservation and your health. Our work patterns are not sustainable.... We are all heading for an early grave...the management (JA) has even said if you don't like it leave, it's not going to get any better. The DCP's are congratulating people and wishing them good luck when they leave. They are seeing the writing on the wall... But still there is no shortage of new joiners. They are joining at a rate faster than I have ever seen.... Loads are resigning and still it carries on.. I don't see any parked aircraft, I hear the wheels have come off.... Have they ? The odd flight is delayed but there is no real disruption...the odd flight can't be crewed and yet somehow they still manage to get the flights away. I was asked to fly over new year as they "have no capts to cover the flights" I refused, but both flights went....and so on and so on....

What are you waiting for? Conditions to improve? They are not going to improve. The company is a master at moving the goalposts. They have done it countless times. We get pissed off for a while, we bitch and moan on here, then life just carries on. EK is solely about money. They don't care about you or me....its all lip service.

You will get no real payrise, no profit share this year and some cheap productivity that is pushing your hours to 100 per month. Is it really worth it. The productivity trigger used to be 82 hours. The odd European flight given after that was sustainable as our hours were 70-80.... Now they "gave" us back 5 hours of productivity in order to keep the hours high. Remember when the company, after they increased the productivity to 92 hours, wouldn't let us do one hour over....now they lower it by 5 and increase the hours by 10... They sell it to us as a wonderful thing. It's CHEAP labour. You are dealing with the resourcefulness and management skills of 3rd world managers who would sell their own grandmothers to make a buck.

We are quite simply getting screwed over and there going to be no change..... Stop working in your days off and look after yourselves. Stop selling your leave back to the company because it means they can keep the train on the rails. If the wheels have come off, why is the train still running??????