PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Rotate" a C 182?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2016, 09:36
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC

I have nowhere in my posts discounted this method as a useable method which has merit. I have cautioned it as a method which is used as a norm and pointed out potential hazards in using it on the wrong type of aircraft or in the wrong conditions.

Yes on short takeoffs especially on rough fields it has merit and there are field conditions when adding everything up its better to take to the air early and accept the negative risks but that is a pilot judgement where weather conditions are taken into account as well as aircraft type.

I believe the Seneca fatal crash from a field takeoff was due to an early departure before a safe flying speed was achieved for the type of aircraft with the resulting loss of control.

So i am not against this as one method for specific situations if handled carefully but would be against it as a normal nearly every day departure technique as other than on a very short field or very rough field I cannot still see the point or merit but can see many potential negatives

Pace