PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio Discipline
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2016, 03:03
Laker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedbirdhopeful1
Same here, the last EK CRM course had an approach controller present and he said ATIS is not required. Something about that note to report info XYZ received being there as standard for the departure ATIS, which we give to them via DCL anyway which is our 'first contact'. I guess Laker also likes to confirm he's received the ATIS again to delivery and also ground just to be sure?
No I don't. I notify them that I have the current ATIS via DCL on departure. On arrival I notify approach on first contact that I have the current information as instructed by the ATIS and from what I've heard from ATC and the EK training department. I've also had a Dubai ATC in the jumpsuit a few years ago and asked the same question and received a different answer. But apparently he and the EK instructors were wrong. I'm not sure how complying with a written direction and reporting having information 'x,y,z' is "making a fuss." I personally couldn't care less. To me the whole region is a mess. I just try my best to comply, not make waves, collect a paycheck, and hopefully leave and never come back someday soon. Like anything in Dubai there are conflicting directives and nobody wants to bother to clear it up. I do find it funny that OMDB ATC starts a thread complaining about EK pilots not operating to standard yet OMDB ATC gives conflicting directions to something as simple as what's required upon initial contact.