PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money bags
Thread: Money bags
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2016, 09:19
DirtyProp

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingtincan
According to on here the day's takings are counted and bagged up, airside, and then transpoted back to STN or DUB. Assuming that is correct then -

What laws are being broken if the cash never entered or departed the foreign country?
It depends on the local tax code.
Some countries (Italy, for instance) have an extremely convoluted, complicated tax code which discourages the use and carrying of large amounts of cash.
It doesn't matter if you are inside the country or leaving it, there is a limit to it.
And if it's company's money, you better have something to prove it. If it's legal (and I'm sure it is), the company should have no problems to provide you with relative paperwork, right?

What difference is there to a DUB or STN based aircraft keeping its takings on-board and taking them back with it?
No difference, but unless the amount is quite small, why not going to a local bank branch and deposit the cash in the company's account then?
Maybe all cash deposits have to be made from company's HQ? Doesn't make much sense to me - small amounts excluded, of course - but since I don't work for an airline I can be wrong.

Last edited by DirtyProp; 9th Jan 2016 at 10:16. Reason: bad wording