PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF and Para training
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2016, 22:27
MOSTAFA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And everybody that jumped that night knows exactly what a crock of **** that report was. I'd deeply regret that clusterfuc* as well. Due to a temperature inversion, my arse! - There was very little if no wind that night. Temperature inversions don't don't drop MSPs with Artillery howitzers and land rovers on personnel DZs, nor drop you at twice the height you are briefed on. As for the canal not being closed not being significant tell that to the poor sod they found miles out to sea several days later, dragged by a QE2 sized ship.

Courtney mil, take it from somebody that was there. I never saw any Hansard publication or BOI report until a very honest ancientaviator62 pointed out there was one 38 years later. Try to imagine being in the middle of a packed solid C130, full of parachutists and personal containers, wth another 37 C130s all around them doing exactly the same and in the dark! Those parachutists solely rely on people to put them in the right place at the right time and the right height. They have zero control of nothing and can see bugger all until they are outside the aircraft. It's that simple.

I have categorically no doubt Ex Bold Guard was the final nail in the coffin for 16 Parachute Brigade which disbanded 18 months later and we never even attempted another JATFOR exercise thanks to the last effort.

Last edited by MOSTAFA; 6th Jan 2016 at 22:46.