PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Older Wannabes
Thread: Older Wannabes
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2003, 19:42
VFR800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
michaelknight

How's Kit these days, must be a ****** to get a good service with all those flashing LED's!

Listen, you've obviously got a weed up your a@*e about 'older pilots', personally the only criteria I have when working with someone is whether they know their stuff and are a decent fellow. I think you need to chill out a little and take a wider view.

I'm 36, doing my PPL with a view to getting a CPL, I know a couple of older guys who've done it, without any problem (in terms of mental capacity etc) apart from financial and marital, but they had the maturity and tenacity to overcome those obstacles.

I work in IT, an industry where I constantly have to learn new technologies to remain marketable, I'm sure that there are a number of professions where the same is valid, are you suggesting immediate retirement for the 'oldies' who in your opinion 'can't cut it'. Or are you suggesting that once over 35, you shouldn't be able to change career to something more demanding? Really!

I'm afraid to say that your attitude is misguided to say the least, however as you mature, I'm sure your viewpoint will become increasingly aligned with the 'oldsters' as you strive to protect your job from the 'young guns'

See you at the Post Office on pension day!