PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2016, 04:54
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The plans for existing pier A, which sits between the eastern and northern aprons will be getting 3 infills on the eastern apron side which are marked up as pre-boarding areas.

What I find a little strange about the tender is that no planning applications have been submitted for air bridges. Even if air bridges don't need planning permissions as they are movable objects they don't appear on any drawings either. The pier infill drawings just show them with staircase access so I am still not convinced Luton will get them. Again new pier B shows nothing and as far as I can tell there is nothing planned for the rest of the gates so this tender is a complete mystery unless this is an afterthought and plans are yet to be submitted for air bridges. On a positive note the tender is worth between 4 and 9 million so something is going on. The next question is what is the price of an airbridge and how many bridges does that buy together with a maintenance contract.

Also why is there a tender for aircraft steps unless the handling agents have to lease them from the airport rather than buy their own?

Last edited by LTNman; 4th Jan 2016 at 06:41.