PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2016, 00:26
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Birdges

Interesting tender.

United Kingdom - Luton: Passenger boarding bridges and stairs for aircraft published Thursday, December 24, 2015

https://www.publictenders.net/node/3129045
This looks very exciting! Got to give it to some of you guys, for your detective work, on sourcing some of this information! I can't view the Tender, as I am not really in the mood for paying £199 to view it and signing up to the website.

But Air Bridges are big news and has the potential to bring airlines Luton could not even of dreamed of getting in the past. Some airlines will not give an airport a look in, if air bridges are not available to them.

I think I remember people saying the old pier could be retro fitted with air bridges some time ago and assume the new pier will be capable too. It would be interesting how many are installed and if existing airlines will want to use them....

I can image El-Al and La Compagnie will want to use them if available. Possibly Thomson and Monarch (?!), I see them use them at other airports when available.

Other airports like Cardiff, Belfast City and soon Bristol, literally just have a small handful of 4-5 air bridges. I could Imagine Luton will be similar.

The thing that Luton could really do with, is proper holding areas! Where you get your boarding card checked and held in a secure area and all passengers wait to be called, and can board with no further delays or checks.

BTW - Happy New Year to you all!